About Us

Monday, 17 January 2011

Whats a QR Code

In my last post I mentioned QR codes. So what is a QR Code?

Basically its type of barcode that can be used on smart phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background.

If you have a smart phone, iphone ect download a QR App onto your phone, it free. Once the App has uploaded scan the QR code below:

 Once the reader has captured the code your website URL or App will load up on your phone. Cool eh!!

So how does this work in the really world? Well I'm just getting my head round it myself so bear with me :o) You could have the code on your business card, your client would scan the code and the site/App would load up on their phone. You could have it on your website, facebook page or blog so customers can take your site/App mobile.

I'm still experementing and playing with it so will keep you updated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.